Have I mentioned I’m not a terribly patient person? Yeah. I’m not. I have no intention of turning this blog into a medical-world-recovery diary, but it’s likely to creep in here and there…
The way people react to a crisis is fascinating, and if I wasn’t in the midst of one I’d likely be really interested in dissecting all the weird little peccadillo’s that surface. Someday later I may do exactly that, because it’s ASTOUNDING what sort of idiot dramas, petty fights, intentional exaggerations for attention, and territorial snarkiness all pop up when someone with a lot of acquaintances is hurt. Luckily, 99% of people mean well, and I definitely remember that. 🙂
Instead, I’m saying “fuck off” to being patient with all the drama and stress and writing about shit that’s distracted me this week.
- I’ve determined that all family/loved ones/friends seating in a hospital are somehow designed to get you to move on after approximately 23 minutes.
- 23 minutes is the average amount of time it takes my ass to fall asleep in the incredibly uncomfortable chair in Husband’s room. Yes, I do mean an average…some days when he’s napping I time it. Because I’m mental that way.
- I’m quite sick of pudding.
- Yesterday it occurred to me that in the past three weeks there has been a near-constant stream of non-husband-men (and a few women) in my house at odd times of the day. I wonder what my neighbors think.
- Particularly the neighbor across the driveway from us, who believes he’s an ex-CIA agent and spies on the entire neighborhood with scopes and night-vision-goggles. I’ve mentioned him before: he’s the peeping dude.
- Well, my next-door neighbors probably think “that’s the birdkiller’s house!” only in Spanish, which I’m far too lazy to translate here.
- In finding the old peeping post I looked at a bunch of really stupid post titles and have come to the following conclusions:
- I liked the word “abounds” WAY TOO MUCH
- I’m significantly better at coming up with titles now.
- My blog was totally inane for a long time (honestly, it still is, but at least I’m occasionally better at pointing out the funny/stupid/inane crap now).
- I did have a couple good ideas in there, like Monster Mondays and stuff…you know, themes and shit (instead of the chaotic random word-flailing I’m doing now). Seriously considering starting some of them again.
- Which requires actual thoughtful writing.
- Which I think I’m ready to start doing again (without having a meltdown, I mean).