Mercury is in Retrograde.
This Friday is the 13th.
AND A FULL MOON over the weekend.
People, I greatly enjoy astrology for entertainment, but I’m telling you…something is rotten in the month of June.
With all the crap going on with the rental house (let me just say WOW, in the most horrified sort of tone, to the extent of hosery involved in using a management company’s pet maintenance people for estimates) that is THIS CLOSE to being resolved in way that 1) gets things done in a way that will leave me grocery money and 2) let’s me pay someone I know and like, supporting HIS business instead of a big company, I’ll be lying low until this superstorm of astrological asshattery is over.
We still have stuff to unpack anyway…lying low is the ideal state for the time being.
I’m not kidding you guys, here’s the weird ishyness for the week:
1) The city inspector put something on the list of required fixes given to the rental company that was DIFFERENT than mine.
2) Said list included things like repairing the paint on the oven hood (which by the way appears to have been steel-wool-scrubbed to take paint off by the cleaning guy, since it was NOT that way when we left), adding STRING TO THE LIGHT PULLS in the closets, and screwing the back patio step to the structure. Snort. That last one is owned by the association: they’re fixing it.
3) Husband started a new job this week. Husband ended a new job today. For very, very good reasons: it was just a bad deal all around. But still, hope springs, hope dashed.
4) My truck’s overhead map light/garage opener switch/moon roof switch panel decided to unclip itself from the roof of the truck. I’m not kidding, it happened overnight: perfectly fine Sunday afternoon, hanging by a single clip and the wiring on Monday morning.
5) Just about every normally-scheduled bill we have is extra this month for some reason or another. Mostly because we just moved and the first bill for utilities and such include fees.
I know in the long run things will work out, but holy crap these past two weeks have been an exercise in keeping my sanity through frustrations on almost every front. I think it’s clear what has to happen here.
Margaritas. There will be many, as soon as these repair shenanigans are handled.
And a good long nap for my crankypantsness.