I love Huffington Post. No, I didn’t include a link. Yes, that’s on purpose.
Not because it’s an example of fair journalism (they aren’t), nor because of the quality writing (it often isn’t), nor because the site is so full of integrity* (definitely not).
*this is a site that doesn’t pay any of the writers. At all. They offer “exposure” instead…because bloggers, journalists, writers: we can all make a living on free exposure, right?
Hmm. I wonder what exposure tastes like, if that’s the grocery budget?
Anyway, I love Huffington Post because they have the best headline writers.
Examples from today (all in the same section):
- What Science Is – And How And Why It Works
- Oh Neil deGrasse Tyson…I just…wow.
- Yes, You CAN Wear Red Lipstick, And Here’s How
- because the basic functionality of how a tube of lip color works is beyond most adults, apparently?
- How To Successfully Navigate a Threesome
- Again, ALL IN THE SAME SECTION (Science!)
- Interestingly, this one pops up (haha) in the Women and Divorce sections as well. Hmm.
- Can You Think Yourself Into A Different Person?
- Are you attempting to invade someone else’s brain and take over, like a body snatcher? WHY THE FUCK would you want to do that?
- Clearly, I’m doing meditation all wrong if this is a thing.
- The Latest Science On Having a Rewarding Christmas
And my #1 favorite for the day:
- Here’s Why You Should Stop Scaring Your Poor Cats With Cucumbers
- do I really need to say anything here? REALLY?