If you’re wondering, I’m TOTALLY using that title for my as-yet-ill-conceived memoir. That’s right: “climb into the handbasket” was one of the many fucked-up ways people found this blog. Here are a few others:
- “i’m in love with my same sex therapist” – I’m fairly certain I’ve never blogged about this. Should I ever I’ll be sure to tag it something obnoxious.
- “mini donut bus” – snicker
- “pithy porno for men” – I suppose this is because I SPECIFICALLY add tags that indicate this is NOT porn and these aren’t the looked-for penises, and that amuses the fuck out of me.
- “ripping each other’s faces off” – well, that’s violent. And gross.
- “shit my pants as an adult” – yeah…I just have nothing for this one at all.
In other news, so far today I’ve managed the following nonsense:
- offered to buy a former co-worker and his new bride porn. Doesn’t everyone want a subscription to Penthouse as a wedding gift??
- was called an Orca* which did fabulous things to my brain, considering I’ve gained four pounds back after our annual Girls Weekend Group cookie exchange (HOMEMADE FUDGE, WHY CAN’T I QUIT YOU?)
- been recruited by the travel-hell job that laid me off last November by a former co-worker (not the one I offered to get porn: that would be inappropriate!) who has been rehired and seems to really want that employee referral bonus. I find the prospect…unlikely.
- spent far too much time on Twitter and Amazon after discovering many of my followers/followed twitter peeps offer freebies. Indeed, the Kindle app on my iphone is STEAMING with the stuff I’ve downloaded…and I now know some wonderfully sick writers to add to the Dirty Book Club.
*to clarify, a discussion in regards to swimming in the ocean led to that, which to be fair WAS intended as a compliment. One of the many nicknames for an Orca is “sea wolf” and the person in question SAYS it was meant thusly. I, however, pointed out next time such a text should be read out loud to a female before sending it to a girl, and that another nickname for Orcas is “KILLER DEMON.”
To be fair, Killer Demon may be more applicable than either a whale OR a sea wolf.
I’m cool with that.
PS: spellcheck refuses to acknowledge “orca” as a word. Fail, spellcheck. Fail.